booksandsandwiches

Because Books!

I love reading and watching tv shows.

The Dream Thieves (Raven Cycle, #2)
Maggie Stiefvater

Lover's Dictionary

The Lover's Dictionary - David Levithan David Levithan has done it again. I love this book. I love it so much I want to quote it everywhere and share it with everyone. It's beautifully written, it's short but has such a powerful meaning and it's devastatingly sad but hey, it is about love after all!The way it's written does require a lot of patience if you aren't familiar with a lot of the vocabulary used. And I admit, I wasn't. Thank you, Apple, because I was able to quickly search the real definition of the word before reading what it has to do with the story. I'm glad for this because my vocabulary has obviously improved.The two main characters are anonymous and only addressed as "I" and "you". The writer expresses his feelings over his relationship in an honest, real way. He doesn't paint her as perfect, nor does he villainise her.It's up to personal interpretation. I won't spoil this book for anyone who wants to experience it. But I will say it is different/unique and sometimes cute and hilarious but it's a story that doesn't leave you even after you put the book down.