booksandsandwiches

Because Books!

I love reading and watching tv shows.

The Dream Thieves (Raven Cycle, #2)
Maggie Stiefvater

The Forest of Hands and Teeth

The Forest of Hands and Teeth - Carrie Ryan I really didn't like how this book went. I hadn't read any zombie books before this one, but I have read a lot of Dystopia novels and this one was everything I dislike in one. It was promising at the start but it soon turned bland despite the action. I found this world building shaky and confusing. I couldn't get a vivid image of how their world was. I still don't know what exactly happened to our world for it to become like theirs. I think the author got away with not explaining much because we all know how zombies happen, right?I never knew any of the characters so I couldn't sympathise with any of them. I did feel a dull ache when certain events happened but I'm sure if I really knew these characters I would have been completely wrecked.I hated Mary so much. Her selfishness and idiocy astounded me. I hate the attempted love triangle. I hate her for being so naive and I don't care that she was following her dream because that is selfish anyway and how many people had to die before she realised that? Why did everyone love and care about her anyway? She was boring and one dimensional and there was no character development at all. I think this would have been a better book if Travis hadn't happened. Because Mary revealed what a horrible friend and how selfish she is. I don't care to find out what happens next. Nope.But I will say the writing is fair because I did have some moments of suspense and there were some decent plot twists in there.However, I am so unimpressed. I blame it on Mary.