booksandsandwiches

Because Books!

I love reading and watching tv shows.

The Dream Thieves (Raven Cycle, #2)
Maggie Stiefvater

Uglies (Uglies Trilogy, Book 1)

Uglies - Scott Westerfeld So at first I couldn't really get into it, not because it was bad but because I was going through that "1 page a day" phase and just couldn't get into reading. Then around 3am today I decided to force myself to read and my god I went to sleep at 9am! I couldn't put it down and it was so captivating! I truly enjoyed this and I liked that I imagine the Rusties are us right now and the Pretties are what we might become with Hollywood's obsession with plastic surgery and being conventionally pretty. I really liked Tally as a protagonist too. She started off not immature but naive which wasn't her fault of course, but her growth and quick understanding was impressive! Shay on the other hand I didn't really like. Mostly because everything about her screamed "16 years old". She actually described herself pretty well in the book. I can't wait to read the next book! I felt some sort of love triangle brewing but I hope that it doesn't weigh down this entrancing story line.